Monday, February 27, 2012

Joy in a Box


A mailbox was placed in the school lobby for 'Kindness Week'.  A few days later it was overflowing with letters of appreciation written by students.  They were addressed to all different staff members including bus drivers, custodians, office staff and previous teachers.  I am not sure which was more heartwarming, seeing the expressions on the faces of children as they mailed them, or the joy they brought when read.                                                                                                          
So many of the letters I received were truly precious, it was impossible to choose a favorite.  I selected these two to share because I loved seeing how they chose to draw me.
A student who transferred to Sweetsir in the middle of last year gave me this picture with a letter stating, 'You filled my bucket since I met you.'  I remember trying to offer him some words of encouragement when he arrived on his first day looking scared and anxious.  It touched my heart to see that he remembered it too.