Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bucket Filling Moments

Everyday at Sweetsir, I see and hear things that are kind and heartwarming....

A 5 year old boy filled my bucket this week.  I asked him if he remembered meeting me last year and he responded with my name.   When asked if he knows what a Principal does, he answered, "You're the one who cares about all the kids." I loved the fact that he stressed the word all.

On Friday, the students in Mrs. Byrne's class proudly informed me they had earned extra recess time by filling up a marble jar.  When asked how they did this, they responded, "We filled buckets!" They then shared stories of helping classmates with kind gestures such as opening a water bottle, returning a lost pencil, and lifting up a chair.  Best of all, the smiles on their faces showed they understood the importance of building a caring, classroom environment.